Mobile alarms for the elderly are the latest development in independent living and assistive technology for elderly Britons. Mobile alarms for the elderly provide protection for the wearer anywhere they are, both at home and away from it. Mobile elderly alarms mean that wherever the wearer is they are protected. They are just as safe taking a walk, going to the shops or gardening as they are inside their own home. Easy to use modern GPS tracking technology also means that the wearer can be located quickly in the event of an emergency, when they are away from the home.
Traditional personal alarms for elderly people have been available since the 1980’s and the technology has not changed much since then. Operating on a system that has a base unit attached to a telephone landline, the user wears a remote pendant alarm button that they can trigger in the event of an emergency.
While unquestionably a very useful device, still to this day, in-home personal alarms for elderly people do have their limitations:
- The wearer is only protected at home, and only when their pendant is in range with the base unit
- Parts of the wearers home (e.g. if they live in a large home or have traditional thick walls) may be out of range and therefore unprotected
- The wearers garden may be out of range and therefore unprotected
- Standard personal alarms for elderly people do not allow two-way communication through the pendant so if you are not close to the base unit you will not be able to speak to the respondent and know help is on the way
Get the best in safety and security. The SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm with GPS tracking offers protection:
- at home
- in the garden
- away from the home
- has two-way communication when a call is answered
What’s more, SureSafe Go has built in fall detection. This means that if a wearer should fall and be unable to press the alarm button e.g. a stroke or loss of consciousness, the alarm senses this and activates the system automatically. The alarm will also activate if the user has not moved for an extended period of time.
Other mobile elderly alarms on the market that use mobile phone technology are different to the SureSafeGO. Other mobile elderly alarms can require the wearer to be able to access their mobile phone, which could be in a bag or pocket, in order to activate it. The chances are that if the wearer is in distress e.g. heart attack, stroke or similar that they will not be in a position to fumble around to first find, and then activate the alarm.
The SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm is a water resistant pendant that is always in reach should an emergency occur. A pendant that allows a simple touch of the button to raise the alarm and get the help that is needed. Read more about the SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm here.